Tuesday 23 August 2022

South Africa

24/8/22. 07:30hrs

 Ah - just a tad nervous, as well as excited, about my trip to South Africa today: probably only because it's 'Africa', a country I've visited rarely. Once in 1976 I went to Tunisia with my mates, been to Morocco  where someone (rather forcefully) tried to sell us a chicken on a day trip from Spain, but never the Deep South, whose history is, well, let's say 'A BIT BLOODY'.

So I'm staying with my very good friend, Laurent, on there Gondwana Game Reserve, near Mossel Bay, returning on the 5th September. 

I suppose 'flying' post-Covid (although that has hardly disappeared), post Brian Surgery and three flights are good enough reason to bring the nerves up - and leaving Mr. Phelps for a fair period to boot.

So I hope the time goes as well as I anticipate (been a while since I saw Laurent, and we've had some fine times) and not too quickly!

I shall enjoy writing up the sequel, showing off my photographic trophies and wallowing in glorious memories on my return. May the wind be at my back!


No comments: